As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, social media apps have seen an increase in usage especially for live streams. One of the platforms that has registered significant rise in live stream numbers is Instagram, with an over 50pc growth registered. To the effect, Instagram has announced a new feature called ‘Live Rooms’, which lets you add three more people to your live video.
The feature is rolling out in India, where it was under the test. The app says the new addition will give “creators more opportunities to have conversations with their communities, and to expand their reach and use cases for Live, such as starting a talk show or a podcast, etc.”
How to add people to your Instagram ‘Live Rooms’
The first requirement is for you to go Live on Instagram. To do so:
- Tap the plus sign in top left hand corner of your stories tray or click the “Create” plus icon in the top right of home navigation bar. Or you can swipe left when you’re on the main Instagram home screen.
- Scroll to and tap the Live camera option at the bottom.
- Use the menu on the left to add a title if wish to do so.
- Tap the circular button to go live.
- Once live, tap the Camera/Rooms icon to add guests to your live stream. You’ll see people that have requested to join your live.
- You can also search for your guest’s name to send them a request to join your live. Tap on the guest’s handle to add them.
Instagram say you can add all three guests at one time, and you can also add guests at a later time.
Read About: How to get started with Instagram Reels
Instagram recently launched its own short video feature called Reels. The new feature lets users create videos on the app, add creative filters and music and share it beyond their regular followers. Reels is similar to TikTok and allows users to create 15 seconds video with popular songs, trends, or challenges, which they are able to share in Explore, and also on Feed with followers.