Today’s is a generation of smartphones – regardless of your background or wallet depth. Majority of the people that you will find asking for your contact details usually want that number linked WhatsApp or Telegram, a Facebook profile to relate with, or any other digital credentials. And you can’t have any of that if you lack a smartphone.
Good enough, the market in Uganda makes it possible to own a cool smartphone at just $100 or less – roughly UGX 360,000. There are lots of devices available from various manufacturers including Samsung, Tecno, Infinix, itel, among others.
And from this variety, you can make a selection of the ideal phone you would wish to have as per your budget. Today we are previewing the best entry-level smartphones that you can buy yourself at a friendly cost.
Best itel phones priced below UGX 350,000
The list is long here, because itel phones are basically made to meet the needs of the entry-level smartphone buyers. The best phones you can choose from in this category are:
- The A32F, which came as the first itel smartphone with a fingerprint sensor. It is a 5-Inch device, with 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, running on Android 8.1 Oreo, and with 5MP rear cam + 2MP Front cam.
- The S-series including the S12, S13, the new S15, the S32, and the S33. Itel S products are designed to have powerful selfie cameras and these never disappoint for a budget selection.
- The P-series such as the P13, P32, and the P33. These are designed to run with power given the battery prowess they come with.
Best Tecno smartphones priced below UGX 350,000
Tecno, unlike itel, has more phones available above the UGX 350k and the number of good devices to get below that price is minimal. However, they still are there and we are listing them for you.
- Tecno F1, an entry-level ranger that the brand has been able to market very well at a really affordable rate. It sports a 5.0-inch screen, has a 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, and has a 5MP Rear camera plus 2MP front sensor.
- Tecno Pop 2 Power, another of the F-series though designed to meet the ordinary customer’s battery needs. It comes with a 5.5″ screen, 16GB ROM, 1GB RAM, 4000mAh Battery, 8MP Front, and 5MP Rear Cam.
- F3 Pop 1, the bigger of the F-series siblings coming with a 5.7-inch screen, 1GB RAM, 8GB storage, 5MP rear and front cams, and a decent battery capacity.
- Pouvoir 3 Air, the latest of the Pouvoir series designed to fit into the entry-level category. It has a 6.0″ screen (quite presentable for a phone its price), 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, and 8MP camera.
Best Infinix phones priced below UGX 350,000
In this category, the Infinix phones you can buy are:
- The Hot 7, which comes in two variants – but the one priced below 350K sports 1GB of RAM, 16GB ROM, a 13 MP primary camera and 8 MP selfie Camera. Not to forget, it has a really powerful battery.
- Infinix Smart 3, the latest version of the Smart series, which has a 5.5” screen, 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 13MP rear cam and 2MP front cam.
Best Samsung smartphones priced below UGX 350,000
We have two popular devices that you can get here. One is the Galaxy A2 core, which has a 5.0″ display, runs on 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, plus a 5 MP camera. The battery is a good 2600mAh. The other device is the Galaxy J2 Core, which has a 5-Inch screen, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera.
Best Nokia phones priced below UGX 350,000
The best Nokia phone you can get at entry-level status is the Nokia 1 Plus. The device sports a 5.45″ display, supports 4G Dual SIM, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, a rear camera of 8 MP AF, and front-facing 5 MP sensor.
Best Xiaomi phones priced below UGX 350,000
If you are a Mi fan, you can get the Redmi 7A at the price that suits you yet coming with interesting specs! It has a 5.45-inch display, comes with 16GB ROM and 2GB RAM, has a 13MP MP rear camera, as well as a 4000mAh battery capacity to it.
Best Fero smartphones priced below UGX 350,000
The Fero family also has representation in the phones you can get below the 350K price tag. You can get the Fero Vibe – sporting a 5.45″ display, 16GB ROM +1 GB RAM, and 8MP + 5MP Camera combo; the Royale Y2 Lite, which comes with a 5.5″ display, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, and 13MP + 13MP cameras; and the Pace 2 Lite – with similar features as the Y2 Lite though with 1GB RAM.